Wednesday, 17 July 2013

OUTFIT OF THE DAY #3: CHECKMATE


As you might have already noticed, I am obsessed with the monochrome trend at the moment (very summery, I know!) I saw this checkerboard print top in H&M a couple of weeks ago, and I love it because I feel that the print is a little bit different to usual monochrome patterns such as stripes. It's made of a lovely chiffon material, and has a really interesting jersey collar detailing which I feel picks up on the sports luxe trend slightly, a trend that I will admit I have found it difficult to get into. I've paired it here with a black pencil skirt and my beloved holographic court shoes from Forever 21, but this top can be dressed down really easily as well with a pair of high waisted jeans or a skater skirt.




What's your favourite recent purchase?
Elly xxx

3 comments:

  1. You look stunning! The monochrome trend is so simple yet stylish. I'd say my favourite, recent purchase is my necklace from Spitalfields Market
    Abi xx

    http://alittleabstract.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty!!! This is such a nice outfit Elly :)

    thepixiespicks.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx