Tuesday, 27 January 2015

BEAUTY HAUL: REVLON LIPSTICK IN 002 PINK POUT AND COLOURSTAY EYESHADOW PALETTE IN 505 DECADENT



Hey everyone! If you know me, you'll know that I'm an absolute sucker for freebies and deals. When I saw that Revlon make up was 2 for £10 in Boots last week (they're on 3 for 2 now), I couldn't help but make a couple of new purchases. I've heard so many good things about the brand, however I was yet to try a lot of Revlon make up myself. I decided to get a new pale pink lipstick to replace my favourite (and really old) Rimmel one (see my recent lipstick post), as well a new nude eyeshadow palette.


Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in 002 - Pink Pout (£7.49)
Revlon Colourstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Palette in 505 - Decadent (£7.99)

I absolutely love this palette! I'd definitely recommend it if you're just starting out in makeup and need a few key shades to start with. You can create a really lovely brown smokey eye with this palette, or just use the shadows on their own. My favourite is definitely the golden brown shade on the top right, however I have also loved using the really pale pink highlight alone with mascara, too. The eyeshadows are reasonably well pigmented and last all day. As someone who desperately wants (and can't afford) the NAKED palettes by Urban Decay, it's nice to have a cheaper equivalent.



The lipstick is great, too. It's a really nice, understated day to day shade, which makes a nice change from my other more in your face lipsticks! I suffer from quite bad dry skin on my lips, however this lipstick is reasonably moisturising and so doesn't aggravate that too much. It's really buildable depending on how much colour you want, and I think it's a great addition to my collection. I've heard great things about other shades in their range (I really want the Black Cherry shade), and so I may have to purchase some more!


Have you made any make up purchases recently?
Elly xxx

follow me on:

19 comments:

  1. The lipstick is gorgeous, and even better that it is fairly moisturizing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I just bought the exact same lipstick only a couple of das ago hehe

    Can you please visit/follow mine & my 15yr olds twins blog x


    P.S- Do you want to follow each other's blogs on GFC? I'll follow you back ;) x



    Fashions Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lipstick looks lovely! I've never bought a revlon one before so may have to try one out!

    Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Pout looks really cool, it would fit your image so neatly!
    I always prefer neutral colors, but will definitely check out other colors of this lipstick!

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that colour lipstick! Might have to go buy it !

    millie-loves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this lipstick!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Follow me and let me know and I will follow you back sweetheart! ❤ Waiting for your reply.
    Love always,
    monikaozdoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous colour.

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lipstick looks so amazing!! I really need to make a few new purchases haven't bought new makeup in ages, all the money has gone of clothes in the January sales lol! This is definitely on my to buy now!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that lipstick colour is absolutely amazing!
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lipstick shade!!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shade. And the only makeup iv'e been purchasing recently are lipsticks, that's the only makeup i wear.

    xoxo
    Chidiogo

    ReplyDelete
  12. great purchases! love these shades!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colour, I've been loving the maybelline lip crayons which also have a matte finish! I may have to blog about those because they're so good!

    infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    By the way I am having a cute giveaway on my blog, you can win a lollipop necklace, I hope you join and If you do, good luck, I hope you win! <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.
    Fashion gets Fierce Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Revlon lipsticks are probably the best you can buy from the drugstore :)

    Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shades of this eyeshadow palette. The lipstick looks nice as well. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx