Tuesday, 3 March 2015

GET TO KNOW ME A LITTLE BETTER: THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD & THE SISTERHOOD OF WORLD BLOGGERS AWARD

Hey everyone! I've been lucky enough to be tagged in two blogger award posts this month (and I've been rubbish at getting round to doing them), so I thought I'd combine them both into one post. I love these blogger-made awards because they're a great chance for new bloggers to get to know each other a little bit better, and for us all to network a little more. 


The first award I've been tagged in is "The Very Inspiring Blogger Award" (although I don't think I'd ever class myself as inspiring), and I was tagged by the lovely Jessie from Taylor Mayed. For this tag I just have to tell you seven random facts about myself, so here goes:

1. My bathroom is decorated completely with fish stickers/fish themed stuff. We call it "Fish Palace". Please don't unfollow me.

2. I study History of Art/English Literature at the University of York, and it's pretty great.

3. I have a drawer in my room devoted to chocolate (don't we all?).

4. I have two black cats called Caspar and Cleo. 

5. My favourite game is repeatedly asking my friends "What would you do if *insert bizarre situation here*?" for hours on end.



The amazing Laura from Lace on Lipstick tagged me in the second award, which is called "The Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award". For this award you have to answer ten questions set by the blogger who nominated you. Laura's questions are as follows:

Favourite beauty hack?

Homemade lip scrub! I did this a few weeks ago and it's so good if you love wearing lipstick but have really dry/chapped lips. Just mix sugar, honey and a little bit of oil and you're good to go!

Favourite genre of book/film?

Probably something lighthearted. It's just nice to be able to sit down and relax with something that isn't too heavy, and I love a good laugh. I also enjoy films that are historically accurate/biopics, just because I like learning. You will often find me watching art documentaries because I'm a huge nerd.

Do you believe in ghosts?

I'm still undecided, but I definitely think there's something spooky going on out there.

Do you prefer to be in front or behind the camera?
I like both! I've always been interested in photography but it's also really fun to pose in front of the camera from time to time. Having this blog means I have to admit that I like having my photo taken really, doesn't it?

What was your first concert?

I was lucky enough to go to Live Earth at Wembley all the way back in 2007. Seeing so many amazing acts in one place was pretty insane for a first concert, so thanks mum.

Any other hobby apart from blogging?

I do a lot of drawing and artwork in my spare time, and I've danced since I was 4 years old, despite having the coordination of a blind sloth.

Favourite food?

This is so hard! I go through phases with having obsessions with certain foods, but I have to say that pasta is the one food that has remained my favourite ever since I was young (this is beginning to sound like an oscar acceptance speech.). Pasta sounds so boring, but my flatmates will tell you that it's pretty much the only thing I eat besides Maryland cookies.

Name one item on your bucket list.

This is hard! I just want to travel the world and see loads of amazing things. The more I learn about the world the more I want to travel! 

If you could live in any country for the rest of your life, what country would you pick?

Honestly, I'd probably pick Britain. Travelling really inspires me, but I don't know that I'd actually want to live anywhere else permanently. No other nation is as socially awkward, or as devoted to queuing. 

You’re stressed and you need to relax and unwind. What do you do?

Make myself a hot chocolate, get myself some chocolate/cake/biscuits (a KitKat Chunky is my choice of the moment) and watch some iPlayer. I'm loving cuddling up in bed with my toy cat and watching Call the Midwife at the moment (don't judge me.)

My Questions:
What's your guilty pleasure?
What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
What's your life motto?
Where in the world would you most like to travel?
What are you a massive geek over?
Do you like Marmite?
Is there a fashion trend you really can't stand?
Who is your celebrity crush?
Do you have a favourite band/singer?
What made you start blogging?

I'm going to nominate a few of my favourite bloggers, and feel free to pick one (or do both) of these tags if you want to!
Little Miss Fii
Infinity of Fashion
A Boom of Bitterns
Grandiose Days
The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe
ROSALINDIS
Millie Loves

Thank you for reading and thanks again to Laura and Jessie!
Elly xxx

7 comments:

  1. yay I study art history and english literature as well :)) And I really love york :) xo

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for stopping by on my blog love <3 and congratulations for the nomination! <3

    http://manishaanwari2.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw my cat used to be called Cleo too! Cute post :)

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh thank you for the nomination!! :D
    Wanderlust is incredibly catching... I am constantly making plans to travel the world and it makes me so excited when they actually come through - the more I learn about places the more i want to experience them for myself... and there are a LOT of places ahaa.
    (I also love that in the blogging community we are all slightly closeted major geeks for something. It's brilliant aha)

    Fii xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx