Sunday, 8 March 2015

NEW MUSIC LOVE: VAULTS






Whilst using Spotify's 'Indie Electronica' playlist as background music whilst cleaning my bathroom last week (I wish the discovery had been more glamorous too but we can't have it all), I came across a song that I absolutely loved. Despite being elbow deep in the toilet, I found myself really "getting down" to the beat of this mystery band. So, putting down my J-cloth for a minute, I returned to my laptop to find out "who this lot are." Turns out they're a London based band called Vaults, and now I just can't get enough.



According to the BBC, Vaults describe their sound as "a mixture of lyricism, electronics and strings delivered with ‘a labyrinthine quality’," and their music is just as beautiful as their description of it. Their strong female vocal layered on an electronic backdrop is really reminiscent of the likes of London Grammar and Chvrches, so if you like that sound then I'd recommend giving Vaults a go. Just like with Oh Wonder last month (read my post here), I've had this band on repeat since I discovered them and I can't wait for their album release. My favourite track so far has to be Lifespan, which you can listen to here:



Turns our they're on the Fifty Shades soundtrack, too, but again we really can't have it all.
Who are you loving at the moment?
Elly xxx

follow me on:
photos: Facebook and huhmagazine 

4 comments:

  1. ohh this is great :) i love your blog ;D

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these people before, but will definitely have a look! Thanks for the recommendation! x

    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this
    Check mine

    www.makeartnotlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The video as well, very mysterious :)

    XX www.laurenlouvaine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx