Thursday, 5 March 2015

TWO NEW TOPS






SPOT PRINT SWING SHIRT - TOPSHOP (£29.00)
MONKI LEILA TOP - MONKI (£8)

As a student, I don't really get the chance to do a lot of clothes shopping during term time. Whenever I do get something new it's always really exciting, and this term I've bought myself two new tops. The first is a shirt from Topshop that I picked up this weekend in St Albans when I was visiting a friend. I am absolutely in love with the ugly but cute 60s/70s print! This piece is a bit of a departure for me - mainly because it actually has some colour... I genuinely really like the gross colours and although the print is a bit funky I reckon it'll go with a lot of things. I think this newfound love for vintage patterns has come from my recent binge watching of Call the Midwife, which I am not ashamed to admit! I had one of those incredible moments at the till where I thought it was going to be really expensive (it said £36 on the tag) and they charged me a tenner less and I truly felt as if I'd been touched by a higher power. 

The second top is from Monki. I've been looking for a striped high neck top for a while now, and just haven't been able to find the perfect one. When I saw this on the Monki website for £8 I couldn't say no! It fits me perfectly and I couldn't be happier with the quality for such a low price. This is such a staple piece which goes with everything and probably won't go out of style for a long time. I've included outfit snippets of both tops from my Instagram above, and I'll be doing outfit posts with these new bits in a couple of weeks. 

Have you bought anything new recently?
Elly xxx
follow me on:

12 comments:

  1. I love these tops!! I went to Monki when I was in Japan last year and got the cutest top that's very similar to this Topshop one... I wish we had Monki in the US :( I really love the strip top though, so cute and such a deal!! I've promised myself that I would stop buying clothes for a few months as it's more important to actually save my money!!

    xx alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh these tops are really cute - I love it when you get to the till and the price is reduced, the ultimate win for students. The topshop shirt I've seen and thought that despite the 'odd' colour combination it would work really well with a lot of outfits - so I'm glad you picked it up! Excited to see what you mix it with :)

    little miss fii || Fii x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shirt is beautiful ! You make me think that I have to check Topshop tonight. I'd like to do some online shopping this weekend, lol ! Great blog btw :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shirt is beautiful ! You make me think that I have to check Topshop tonight. I'd like to do some online shopping this weekend, lol ! Great blog btw :) X

    Follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are lovely
    i am following your blog, please follow back.
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/03/men-plaids-inspiration.html
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. £8 is such a bargain! I have one exactly the same from H&M. I love Monki though!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the swing shirt! I actually have one quite similar to the striped as well :)

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those unexpected sale-saving moments! It's a hallelujah moment definitely :D Haha.

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute tops!! Love it ;) Like this style.
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom




    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute blouse :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx