Thursday, 10 September 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: TROPICAL MIDI SKIRT








ASOS TURTLE NECK CROP TOP WITH LONG SLEEVES IN BLACK: ASOS (12.00)
MIDI SKIRT IN TROPICAL PRINT: VINTAGE
OFFICE WARWICK LACE UP BLOCK HEELS IN BLACK: OFFICE (65.00)


I'm actually wearing a skirt that goes past my knees and isn't a borderline public health hazard! We can sleep soundly in our beds tonight, my friends.

The inspiration for this post is my recent (failed) attempt to be thrifty. As result of my 3 weeks in Croatia and investment in a wifi-less house (hence the lack of posts), I'm pretty much living off 20p spaghetti at the moment. My less than student budget has meant that I've had to lose my charity shop virginity (thanks to my friend Anna for the guidance), and I'm actually really enjoying it. There's something really enjoyable about trawling the clothes rails to find something unique and knowing that the price tag won't be £35 or more. My first attempt charity shopping led me to this tropical midi skirt. It's not like anything I've owned before and I love it. The print is so much fun (there are parrots in there if you look close enough) and it's not unlike something you'd find in Zara. I've not really dabbled in the midi length life before, either, but I'm actually finding it to be really flattering and comfortable. They're definitely something I want to try to invest in more of in future.

The lure of my favourite high street stores is still as strong as ever, but it's nice to know that there are other options, especially when living on a budget.

follow me on:


1 comment:

  1. Loveee this outfit! you look so good

    https://rosalindis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx