Wednesday, 7 October 2015

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: ROLL NECKS, NEW WINTER COAT AND BAGGY TROUSERS


NAVY COAT - MICHAEL KORS @ TKMAXX (alright designer calm down)
BLACK RIBBED ROLL NECK TOP - NEW LOOK (similar here) (8.99)
LOOSE FIT TROUSERS - ZARA (similar here) (25.99)
WARWICK LACE UP BLOCK HEEELS - OFFICE (65.00)
GLASSES - OLIVER PEOPLES

Autumn/Winter has finally come around (I'm actually quite excited - dressing gowns and hot drinks all round, am I right?), so I thought I'd share with you what's probably going to be one of my go-to winter looks.

I am obsessed with roll necks this season and have already invested in two of these New Look ones - they're great value for money and such a staple. I'm loving wearing them with pretty much everything  (jeans, trousers, skirts...) and I'm sure you'll see more of them in outfit posts soon.

 I was actually on the hunt for roll necks when I came across these trousers in Zara (that place is so dangerous, RIP student loan.) I don't own many pairs of trousers and it's been a failed mission of mine to try to incorporate them more into my wardrobe for years. Although these make me look slightly like Frodo Baggins/a 1940s italian man (they're kind of a wool mix/felt look), I've totally fallen in love with them. I especially like how baggy trousers look with my new oversized coat from Tk Maxx (thanks, mom!)

This coat is literally everything. It makes any outfit look finished and kind of chic (even if it is in a slightly "watch out I could be a flasher" kind of way...) I'm obsessed with it and have been wearing it even on warmer days!

P.S How amazing is my new back yard for blog photos? If you're a fellow blogger then you'll know the excitement of finding a cool wall to shoot in front of, I'm just lucky that this is in my back garden. I'm also sorry that my posts have been somewhat sporadic recently - I've been moving house and there's been a lot of upheaval! I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and blogging more regularly now I've settled in.

Elly xxx

follow me on:

7 comments:

  1. loving the all black
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple colour but it looks so nice, definitely going to be taking inspiration from this look

    Infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love love love love love. Also yay walls!!! And oh gosh that coat. I need to go into TKMaxx soon but I also need to stop spending money??? So there is that. Did i mention I loved this???

    Fii | little miss fii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love an all black outfit, love the trousers - I've been searching for ones like that for ages!x

    electraviolet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've styled the photography with the back drop and everything.
    Creates such a cool vibe!

    http://herfashionmemoir.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love how you styled this outfit from the glasses to the shoes! Your style is always so on point!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, they make my day xxx